The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital provides the fastest and simplest path to orbit for organizations that require information from space. We operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle the entire mission from initial concept through in-orbit operations. This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission. Our standard interfacing and mission operations products enable us to fly any kind of payload, such as imagers, RF systems, scientific experiments, national security missions, in-orbit demonstrations, and weather and climate sensors. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: their payload and their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and making their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career. With a wave of exciting customer traction, we are scaling up our team quickly across our software, hardware, and aerospace teams at all three of our offices in San Francisco, CA; Golden, CO; and Toulouse, France.
Wanna Join the Adventure?
As a member of our Payload Team, you will be responsible for the firmware design and development on our satellite’s electronic payloads; cutting edge units meant to advance the state of space-as-a-service. Our development pushes the boundaries of in-space compute capabilities, RF communications, software defined payloads, and many other applications. You will join a team of experts in bringing these ideas to reality and launching your work into orbit.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design and write high-quality firmware RTL for the satellite following best practices such as efficiency, maintainability, and testability
- Perform SW/FW/HW integration to provide a fully functional firmware solution
- Develop unit tests, component tests and continuous integration for your firmware
- Perform hands-on board bringup and debugging
- There is a good chance you will love this job if this talks to you:
- Scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before
- Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrable history of thinking outside-the-box, without losing sight of reality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent in experience
- 5+ years experience writing VHDL embedded applications on FPGAs
- In depth knowledge of physical FPGA constraints such as timing, architecture, and interfaces
- Experience with hardware interfacing and understanding of communication protocols (DMA, SPI, UART, LVDS, Ethernet, SpaceWire)
- Comfortable with analog and digital hardware circuit design and analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have the following competencies:
- Experience with Xilinx or Microsemi SoC
- Experience working with electrical test equipment (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience with Vivado Block Design, High Level Synthesis or similar RTL abstraction methods
- Experience with digital signal processing and SDR
- Experience with firmware simulation (i.e. ModelSim)
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace