Loft Orbital - Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
As a member of the new R&D center in Toulouse and of the Reconfigurable Antenna system team,you will be helping build technology that empowers our customers to process payload data onboard Loft’s satellite missions. With this ‘edge computing in space’ capability, Loft’s customers can react in real time to the data collected by their mission’s payload.
Since flexibility and versatility play an important role, the reconfigurable antenna is software-centric, and supports on-ground and in-space re-programmability. Loft Orbital will be utilizing the latest technology available, which includes a mix of existing and next-generation component and processor technology.
- Scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before;
- Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone;
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects;
- Preferably experience with software/firmware developed for safety-critical applications or software developed for aerospace;
- Awareness and understanding of mission-critical systems and related software impact;
- A preference for agile, yet process-controlled software development;
- Ability to code and document (wherever possible electronically and in-line)in a structured way;
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to learn and adopt to new technologies;
- Demonstrable history of thinking outside-the-box, without losing sight of reality;
- Experience working in both a Windows and Linux environment;
- Extensive experience in Software defined Radio, USRP and FPGA configuration and use;
- Extensive experience in ADC and DAC;
- Experience in RF simulation (Matlab, Simulink) and system sizing;
- Knowledge about different RF tests and performance: phase noise, intermode product;
- Experience in VHDL;
- Good knowledge of different RFSoc options;
- Experience with hardware interfacing;
- Preferably knowledge and understanding of MPP/GPU processors and related development (CUDA /OpenCL);