Loft Orbital flies and operates customer payloads as a service. With satellite buses in inventory and quarterly launches booked, we deliver customer missions to space in months, not years. With our plug-and-play products, we use identical satellite hardware for each mission to maximize flight heritage and reduce technical risk.
Loft Orbital provides the fastest and simplest path to orbit for organizations that require information from space. We operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle the entire mission from initial concept through in-orbit operations. This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: their payload and their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career. With a wave of exciting customer traction, we are scaling up our team quickly across our software, hardware, and aerospace teams and within our three offices located in San Francisco, CA; Golden, CO; and Toulouse, France.
As the Software System Validation Manager, you will work with highly talented teams of multi-disciplined engineers to lead definition and unification of software systems test. This individual will own responsibility for leading the definition of processes Loft will use to validate its platform, from ground software to flight software.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams comprised of Software, Hardware, and Mission Engineering to design and implement test infrastructure
- Interact with the team in charge of deploying and maintaining the build and test infrastructure we use daily to test for progresses and regressions
- Lead definition of tests used to validate new versions of the ground software (used to fly our satellites, and used by our clients to task their payloads), and of the flight software used onboard.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of the scripts (called procedures) that are used to check out new features, in our HIL-setup, during AIT and during satellite commissioning and operations
- Interact with the Flight Software and Mission teams to discuss new features, improvements, and general requirements
- Interact with the Cockpit (Ground Software) team to improve test coverage by identifying needs and suggesting improvements
- Support Satellite Operations both for satellite commissioning and to develop new on-orbit procedures
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure successful mission execution
- Ability to lead a team and help its members grow in their jobs
- Inventive and creative: what you will be building has never been done before
- Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
- Experience managing teams
- Ideal candidate will possess experience as Software Engineer or SW Engineer in Test
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively communicate issues, and work with multi-disciplinary teams on resolution and test possible solutions
- Experience deriving a test definition from high-level requirements
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Python, JupyterLab and Git
- Proficiency in setting up a Hardware in the Loop-Testbench
- Experience with Hardware and Embedded Software
- Experience in the space industry either as a Software Engineer or Satellite Operator
- Experience using Grafana to create new dashboards and visualize data