Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for our customers. We operate satellites and we fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. We are redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to perform their critical missions.
Loft’s customers span across the entire space industry, from start-ups to large companies and government agencies. Our standard interfacing and mission operations products enable us to fly any kind of payload, such as imagers, RF systems, scientific experiments, national security missions, in-orbit demonstrations, and weather and climate sensors. By embracing standardization and software-driven approaches, Loft reduces the complexity, time and cost to deploy and operate assets in space.
We are hiring a Director of Business Development for Emerging Space Nations to build on our presence with several international government customers and serve as our primary interface with this community. Loft has an ambitious goal to become a best-in-class provider of space infrastructure for international space agencies and governments, and your job is to bring us there!
What you will do in this role
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders in international space agencies and governments , ranging from key program offices, senior leaders, and principal investigators
- Evangelize Loft’s products and services and help Loft become a household name within these communities
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to fly payloads for government customers: evaluate, shape, and lead Loft’s pursuits of these opportunities, with a strong focus on Middle-East and South-East Asia
- Lead proposal efforts, working with Loft’s mission engineering and product teams to craft white papers and RFP responses
- Establish partnerships with other industry players to secure access to customers and capabilities that are strategic to Loft
- Gain a deep understanding of customer requirements to feed into Loft’s product strategy and road map
- Prior experience working in space- or satellite-focused business development, sales, acquisition or procurement either for a commercial company or government organization.
- Deep intimacy with government ecosystems in the Middle-East and/or Asia-Pacific, including contracting and budgeting processes.
- Prior experience working collaboratively to develop space-based solutions with government end-users
- Plus: Prior experience in a business development or sales role in which you sold space systems to or services to international space agencies and/or to civil or defense end user
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible on location.
- Expected travel: 30%