We are Loft. Our goal is to make space simple, affordable, and timely. Loft delivers the data customers want from space, whether it starts with their payload or an idea for a dataset. Loft has designed flexible satellite platform and operations module for multiple, varying instruments to reduce the time of satellite development, divide the launch and operations cost, and deliver high quality data to the customer. We are building a future where the cost and complexity of satellite programs are no longer barriers to accessing the benefits of space-based data. We are globally-minded, and obsessed with delivering true value to our customers. Our people have a track record of rising to the occasion and carrying projects from start to finish under intense pressure. We are endlessly passionate about our work and we are hell bent on creating a revolutionary new model for accessing space, and building the most diverse constellation in history. Join us at Loft to make space easier done than said.
About Loft Orbital
Loft Orbital was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Boulder, Colorado and Toulouse, France. Our mission is to make space simple for our customers: we operate microsatellites and fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. Our standard interface and software products reduce the complexity and shorten the lead time our customers typically face in deploying assets in orbit.
Our unique business model is redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to collect information and intelligence about the world. We have grown our customer base quickly and have our first two first satellite missions launching in June 2021. Soon after, we will offer a regular cadence of quarterly launches.
Our European office, created in November 2019 following our $13M Series A funding round, has now more than fifteen collaborators developing key technologies to enable our satellite missions
In this role, you will be in charge of analyzing the performance of a satellite mission or a constellation of assets in orbit, using simulation and optimization libraries and tools. It entails simulating satellite operations in orbit, simulate satellites constellation and evaluate performance (coverage, availability), and simulating on-board satellite performance (power budget, data budget, thermal budget, AOCS), modeling ground segment.
Permanent contract, possible remote but must be based in France.
- Simulate satellite operations in orbit (orbit propagation, satellite orientation, power and data budgets)
- Perform satellite constellation design, simulation and assess of different scenarios (coverage, availability)
- Contribute to Open Space Toolkit mathematics, physics, astrodynamics libraries
- Experience in satellite system engineering: power, data, thermal, AOCS budgets
- Expertise of Python 3
- Experience in astrodynamics and constellation design
- Experience in link and RF budget computation
- Experience with STK or other modeling tool
- Scrappy and inventive
Nice skills to have
- Version control (git) and continuous integration tools (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis CI, …)
- Exposure to Docker containers or Django framework
- Experience of C++