Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We operate rideshare satellites where multiple customer sensors are flown on a single spacecraft platform.
As a member of our Payload Interface and Control Unit (PICU) team, you will be helping build Loft Orbital’s standard interface that enables us to host and operate a wide range of payload types.
The PICU is a flight hardware unit with a high reliability and continuous operation profile. It provides hardware, firmware and software based functionality that involves the physical and protocol level interfacing with different payloads/instruments on one side and the satellite platform on the other.
Since high flexibility and versatility play an important role, the PICU is quite software-centric and supports on-ground and in-space re-programmability. Loft Orbital will be utilizing the latest technology available for the PICU, which includes a mix of existing and next-generation component and processor technology.
- Scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before
- Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
- Preferably experience with software/firmware developed for safety-critical applications or software developed for aerospace
- Awareness and understanding of mission-critical systems and related software impact
- A preference for agile yet process-controlled software www.loftorbital.com
- Ability to code and document (wherever possible electronically and in-line) in a structured way
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to learn and adopt to new technologies
- Demonstrable history of thinking outside-the-box, without losing sight of reality
- Experience working in both a Windows and Linux environment
Embedded Software Experience
- Extensive experience in C and C++ and preferably one other structured language (non-scripted)
- Experience with RTOS and time-critical software development
- Experience with SEU mitigation mechanisms
- Experience with local and remote debugging concepts and tools
- Preferably experience with hypervisor and/or container virtualization techniques
- Experience in developing software for RTOS and embedded applications
- Experience with hardware interfacing
- Preferably experience in device driver and BSP development
- In-depth knowledge of different processor technologies such as: ARM, PPC, LEON, OpenRISC, SoC processors
- Affection with upcoming processor technologies such as GPGPU / MPPs
- Preferably knowledge and understanding of MPP/GPU processors and related development (CUDA / OpenCL)