We are Loft. Our goal is to make space simple, affordable, and timely. Loft delivers the data customers want from space, whether it starts with their payload or an idea for a dataset. Loft has designed flexible satellite platform and operations module for multiple, varying instruments to reduce the time of satellite development, divide the launch and operations cost, and deliver high quality data to the customer. We are building a future where the cost and complexity of satellite programs are no longer barriers to accessing the benefits of space-based data. We are globally-minded, and obsessed with delivering true value to our customers. Our people have a track record of rising to the occasion and carrying projects from start to finish under intense pressure. We are endlessly passionate about our work and we are hell bent on creating a revolutionary new model for accessing space, and building the most diverse constellation in history. Join us at Loft to make space easier done than said.
Loft Orbital provides space infrastructure as a service – we operate satellites and fly customer payloads onboard. By using software to commoditize satellite hardware, we can deliver our customers to space in a matter of months, versus the 3-5 years which is the current industry standard. With 4 missions currently in development and a diverse array of customers ranging from governments to commercial companies, we are well on our way to become the fastest and simplest ride to orbit in the space industry.
Loft has developed an industry-leading mission control software called Cockpit, that serves as a payload tasking engine that is fully payload- and bus-agnostic. We are hiring a Satellite Operations Customer Engineer to support our customers use of Cockpit once they are in orbit.
What you will be doing in this role
- Serve as Loft’s frontline interface with customers, helping them use Cockpit’s tools effectively for mission planning and payload operations
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to identify the lowest friction solutions to customer needs
- Improve Cockpit functionality as a developer through implementation improvements and automation
- Help translate feedback from customers into a Cockpit’s feature roadmap
- Minimum 3 years experience in space company or organization, with exposure to satellite operations and/or assembly, integration, and test
- Exposure to both ground software and flight software (note: you will not be expected to write flight software)
- Experience writing software scripts in Python
- Exposure to Docker containers as well as general DevOps exposure
- Preferred: Experience with GNC / Orbits
- Nice to haves: GraphQL, UI Design