The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital provides the fastest and simplest path to orbit for organizations that require information from space. We operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle the entire mission from initial concept through in-orbit operations. This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: their payload and their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career. With a wave of exciting customer traction, we are scaling up our team quickly across our software, hardware, and aerospace teams and within our three offices located in San Francisco, CA; Golden, CO; and Toulouse, France.
We are hiring a Director of Marketing and Brand to define and own Loft’s branding and marketing strategy. In this role, your ultimate goal will be to make Loft into a household name across the global space industry. This is a do-it-all role where you will own the marketing function from end-to-end, from strategy down to implementation.
What you will do in this role
- Define Loft’s entire marketing strategy to convey our value proposition and capabilities to the broader space industry
- Partner with the business development team to develop specific strategies to target our customer segments: aerospace and commercial space companies, US government agencies, international government agencies, and R&D institutions.
- Work with our Recruiting and People teams to generate content focused on hiring top talent
- Work with designers to develop and evolve marketing collateral
- Work with internal stakeholders to plan and execute announcements around new products, partnerships, launches (yes, real launches!) and customers
- Evaluate and implement marketing tools to streamline marketing campaigns and gather analytics that help us optimize our messaging
- Own Loft’s presence at tradeshows
- Own Loft’s social media presence
- This role is based in San Francisco and will report to Loft’s COO
- Experience developing the brand voice and marketing strategy of a company developing a complex and deeply technical product
- A passion for design and experience spearheading the creation of beautiful marketing collateral
- Experience with content marketing (blog posts, white papers, video, podcasts)
- Experience quickly immersing yourself in an industry to learn its unique ins-and-outs
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the space industry and/or familiarity with the commercial space ecosystem (space experience is definitely not required for this role)
- Experience with video production
- Graphic design experience
- Email marketing experience