Electrical Test Engineer
The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end – significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
Wanna join the adventure?
- Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We provide space infrastructure as a service where multiple customer payloads are flown on a single spacecraft platform through Loft’s in-house Payload Accommodation Module.
- The Test Engineer will be responsible for conducting hands-on AIT operations for Loft’s Product group. You will work with Loft Orbital’s engineering, software, and mission management teams within development lab to verify the performance of internal avionics through preparation, and implementation in electrical, functional and environmental testing for each mission. You will be the consulting agent to guide the lab to incorporate standard testing process and work closely with mission teams on program deliverables.
- *Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Loft product team to test and verify internally developed products, and ensure successful delivery of final flight products to missions.
- Board, Box, and sub-system level integration and test of engineering model and flight power and avionics boxes.
- Electrical and/or some mechanical integration of the spacecraft products, as well as environmental testing
- Test procedure authorship and execution of product testing through Loft’s in-house software tools
- Support roadmaps to next generation products and provide testing flows, including activities to prepare for full level product development
There is a good chance you’ll love this job if you:
- Enjoy operating in a lab environment and building next generation space qualified hardware.
- Feel testing is the last gate to ensure success the team you worked and you get to put it together!
- Have experience with the intersection of hardware and software is critical to success in this role, while reducing the time-to-orbit for our customers.
- Huge plus if you have experience in environmental testing: Vibration, Thermal Vac, EMI/EMC5+ years in electronics testing and SW/HW integration, a plus if in aerospace
- Have an engineering background, preferably space based, or experience testing electrical/mechanical subsystems on a spacecraft
- Have experience creating detailed AIT Documentation including Assembly Instructions and Test Procedures
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace