The fastest path to space
We build “shareable” satellites to make it easier and faster for our customers to access space.
This means that we embark multiple customers on the same satellite to do things like take pictures, support IoT connectivity, act as blockchain nodes, etc.
By doing so, we can fit customers into both missions already planned for launch, or satellites already deployed in space!
This service is powered by our hardware and software products that provide standardized interfaces to our customers, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operate their mission and collect their data.
What’s also special about Loft is that our developers get satellite pilot training and certification. It’s pretty unique, especially when you finally get to take your very first own picture of Earth from space!
We are based in San Francisco (California), Toulouse (France), and Golden (Colorado).
Wanna join the adventure?
- We’re developing the platform that enables our customers to develop software onboard satellites.
- We need individuals who: have experienced projects done at scale; have built secure, distributed systems; an understanding of cryptography and information security concepts.
- Our Flight Software team has talented individual contributors both in the US and in Europe from a variety of backgrounds.
- You will have the opportunity to work together with Product Management and other stakeholders (Mission Leads, Satellite Operators, Ground Software, etc.) to iterate on new features, solve common goals, and ship space missions!
- Our system is distributed across multiple nodes on a variety of embedded platforms that include real-time operating systems (RTOS) and the Linux kernel.
You should apply (and you will stand out!) if you bring:
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ as it relates to vulnerabilities with embedded development
- Understanding of past, current, and emerging security exploits
- Familiarity with hypervisor and/or container virtualization techniques
- Experience with Trust Zone, SELinux, iptables, and authentication mechanisms
- Knowledge of embedded security technologies such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) and cryptographic processors
- Best test driven development practices
- Ability to develop prototypes which includes research and proof of concept development
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- A positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Drive innovation on the team with an inclination to experiment and to boldly confront complex problems.
- Put security at the forefront of Loft Orbital’s products and services.
- Represent Loft Orbital and its values in public communication around broad initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.