Loft Orbital - Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for our customers. We operate satellites and we fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. We are redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to perform their critical missions.
Loft’s customers span the entire space industry, from start-ups to large companies and government agencies. Our standard interfacing and mission operations products enable us to fly any kind of payload, such as imagers, RF systems, scientific experiments, national security missions, in-orbit demonstrations, and weather and climate sensors.
Loft Orbital will be utilizing the latest technology available for the various internal R&D projects, which includes a mix of existing and next-generation technologies. This role will work on development of new payloads, on-board data processing systems, and more.
- Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone.
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects.
- Preferably experience with software/firmware developed for safety-critical applications or software developed for aerospace
- Awareness and understanding of mission-critical systems and related software impact
- A preference for agile yet process-controlled software development
- Ability to code and document (wherever possible electronically and in-line) in a structured way
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to learn and adopt to new technologies
- Demonstrable history of thinking outside-the-box, without losing sight of reality
- Experience working in both a Windows and Linux environment
- 4+ YOE with VHDL and/or Verilog;
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Vivado;
- JTAG programming/debugging;
- Experience in working with Rad-hard or Rad-tolerant FPGAs and SoC devices;
- Experience with SEU mitigation mechanisms;
- Affection with upcoming technologies for FPGA development using OpenCL/C++/Automatic Code Generation;
- Experience with IP cores for interfacing and communication;
- Experience in structured code development incl. test benching, simulation and code coverage;
- Preferably past experience in embedded or space hardware development;