The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end – significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
Wanna join the adventure?
- Loft Orbital is hiring a mission manager to help make Loft the fastest-to-space offering in the industry. In this role, you will help Loft execute on our Company mission to make space simple for our customers, without compromising on quality or reliability.
- You will be in charge of executing a mission from beginning to end leveraging Loft’s model of using standard satellites and interfacing technology.
- *Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
What You’ll Do:
- This will be a customer-facing role, and you will work closely with our VP Missions as well as our customers from contract signature through launch and initial operations
- Engage with customer management and technical personnel to establish mission requirements
- Establish a relationship and a cadence of operations with customers and major subsystem suppliers
- Work collaboratively to establish and document key interfaces (mechanical, electrical, etc) between Loft and customer hardware
- Own the mission schedule and drive technical and programmatic progress with the Loft team
- Engage with launch vehicle providers to establish interface documentation and ensure compliance with vehicle requirements
- Plan and execute the launch campaign
There is a good chance you’ll love this job if you have:
- 5+ years of experience managing aerospace programs
- Demonstrated experience in Program Management of agile small satellite missions
- Demonstrated experience as a technical specialist on specific spacecraft subsystems as well as system-level experience
- Demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced development environment
- Prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
- Experience working with US Government/DOD Customers
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace