Loft Orbital - Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
Loft Orbital is hiring a Chief Engineer to provide technical leadership on our satellite missions, from early phases of CONOPS design and system design to integration, test, and in-orbit operations. The breadth of this role spans detailed analysis and testing to the management of requirements and verification methodology.
As the Chief Engineer of Loft’s mission team, you will work on multiple satellite missions simultaneously, each with a unique, multi-payload configuration. You will work cross-functionally across multiple Loft teams: satellite operation software, payload interface software, mission engineering and AIT.
What you will be doing in this role
- Develop and maintain technical budgets for spacecraft performance.
- Develop and manage system requirements and verification techniques.
- Develop and evolve mission CONOPS, supporting the development of Service Level Agreements with Loft’s customers
- Develop test procedures and participate in the integration and test campaign at our spacecraft manufacturer’s site
- Assist with program management and product management.
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications, CONOPS definition, and other design documents.
- Build and establish engineering standards and best practices with technical stakeholders at the company
- Candidates should have 10-15 years of experience as a systems engineer in the space industry
- Demonstrated experience as a technical specialist on specific spacecraft subsystems as well as system-level experience
- Demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced development environment.
- Prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
- Prior experience working on a specific spacecraft subsystem or technical discipline
- Preferred: Experience on RF, Electrical, and Command and Data Handling a major plus