Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
Loft Orbital is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership on our satellite missions, from early phases of CONOPS design and system design to integration, test, and in-orbit operations. The breadth of this role spans detailed analysis and testing to the management of requirements and verification methodology.
As a Systems Engineer at Loft, you will work on multiple satellite missions simultaneously, each with a unique, multi-payload configuration. You will work cross-functionally across multiple Loft teams: satellite operation software, payload interface software, mission engineering and AIT.
What you will be doing in this role
- Develop and maintain technical budgets for spacecraft performance.
- Develop and manage system requirements and verification techniques.
- Develop and evolve mission CONOPS, supporting the development of Service Level Agreements with Loft’s customers
- Develop test procedures and participate in the integration and test campaign at our spacecraft manufacturer’s site
- Assist with program management and product management.
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications, CONOPS definition, and other design documents.
- Build and establish engineering standards and best practices with technical stakeholders at the company
- Candidates should have 8-10 years of experience as a systems engineer in the space industry
- Demonstrated experience as a technical specialist on specific spacecraft subsystems as well as system-level experience
- Demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced development environment.
- Prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
- Prior experience working on a specific spacecraft subsystem or technical discipline
- Preferred: Experience on RF, Electrical, and Command and Data Handling a major plus
- Preferred: Proficient with STK
- Plus: Experience with thermal analysis