The fastest path to space
What We Do
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end – significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
Wanna join the adventure?
Loft is seeking a leader to expand our footprint in the US National Security Space sector, particularly with our US Department of Defense customers.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About this role:
- Position is optionally remote, with frequent travel to US National Security Space customers in Los Angeles, CA; Colorado; New Mexico; Alabama; and Northern Virginia; additional travel to Loft HQ in San Francisco, and Loft’s Colorado AIT facility, among other locations as required
- Drive Loft business to become a major force in transforming how National Security Space agencies and organizations procure space capabilities
- Contribute to and execute Loft Orbital’s US National Security Space strategy as a key component of the overall Loft Federal strategy, in cooperation with the Director US Federal Programs and the Vice President of Global Business Development
- Cultivate a collaborative, thought-leading relationship with Defense industry technology providers, major primes, and customer organizations
- Hunt, qualify, and shape opportunities to build a high-quality National Security pipelineDefine and execute capture plans for named opportunities within the National Security Space pipeline
- Engage directly with key customer decision makers and influencers to shape and win named pursuits
- Author timely responses to government and industry partner requests for information, requests for proposal, and other customer technical and business communications
- Develop teaming strategies to complement Loft capabilities for complete, differentiating solutions to customer needs; execute teaming agreements and strategic partnerships to strengthen Loft’s positioning to win targeted pursuits
- Pursue and negotiate industry teaming arrangements to complement Loft’s capabilities to deliver holistic, differentiating solutions
- Support Loft Marketing in crafting messaging to support Loft strategic pursuits and goals across the US Federal market
- Discern and elicit mid- and long-term customer needs and trends to influence internal Loft Orbital product, offering, and organizational developmentTrack customer satisfaction throughout solution delivery to “keep it sold”
- US Citizenship
- Deep knowledge of and experience in US National Security acquisitions and/or strategic planning/PPBE – in industry or government
- Background in the Frontier Tech sector (particularly AI, IoT, robotics, autonomy, and/or their intersection with space) in business or technical fields
- Demonstrated success in shaping and capturing new business with US Defense or Intelligence customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success in writing proposals, white papers, and similar technical communications
- Oral presentation production and delivery both in person and remotely
- Outgoing, winning personality that exudes trustworthiness and confidence
- Current in-scope DoD SECRET background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining, or Continuous Evaluation (CE) status, with willingness and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience building and managing a customer pipeline using CRM tools
Nice to Haves:
- DoD or Intelligence Community Top Secret background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining or CE status; and SCI eligibility with current experience in SCI programs, other control systems, and/or Special Access Programs
- Have a deep “rolodex” of DOD and/or IC space agency contacts – particularly Space Systems Command (SSC), Space Development Agency (SDA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).
- At least 5 years in space systems program management, design, engineering, satellite operations, or similar relevant space or ground segment experience in the US National Security Space arena (government or industry)
- Experience developing or directly contributing to organizational strategic planning to align organizational goals and capabilities with target markets or needs
- Government source selection evaluator experience
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace