The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end – significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
Wanna join the adventure?
- We’re developing the platform that enables our customers to develop software onboard satellites. We need individuals who: have experienced projects done at scale; designed and architected distributed systems; guide, mentor and lead team members.
- Our Flight Software team has talented individual contributors both in the US and in Europe from a variety of backgrounds. You will have the opportunity to work together with Product Management and other stakeholders (Mission Leads, Satellite Operators, Ground Software, etc.) to iterate on new features, solve common goals, and ship space missions
- Location: Our preference for this role is for someone to work on-site in our Toulouse office. That being said, we operate as a globally distributed team and realize that sometimes the best candidates can’t realistically relocate. In select cases & for certain roles, we are open to hiring remotely.
- *Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive innovation on the team with an inclination to experiment and to boldly confront complex problems.
- Represent Loft Orbital and its values in public communication around broad initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Interact with customers and other external stakeholders as a consultant and spokesperson for the work of your team.
- Provide mentorship for Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Our system is distributed across multiple nodes on a variety of embedded platforms that include real-time operating systems (RTOS) and the Linux kernel.
There is a good chance you’ll love this job if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ as used for embedded development
- A solid understanding of distributed systems and service oriented architectures
- Knowledge of test driven development practices
- Capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience translating requirements into flexible and usable code
- A demonstrated ability to optimize performance by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- A positive and solution-oriented mindset
Bonus Points if You Have:
- Familiarity to processor technologies such as ARM, RISC-V, PPC, and x86
- Experience with Trust Zone, SELinux, and authentication mechanisms
- Knowledge of embedded security technologies such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) and cryptographic processors
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- €1,000 onboarding budget, to help you be successful in your work, wherever you’re working from
- 25 Paid Time Off and up to 10 RTT and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Alan health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers with Swile, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse (France), to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events per quarter, to work & celebrate together
- English language classes, to become fluent as talk like Shakespeare
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace