The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital provides the fastest and simplest path to orbit for organizations that require information from space. We operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle the entire mission from initial concept through in-orbit operations. This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: their payload and their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career. With a wave of exciting customer traction, we are scaling up our team quickly across our software, hardware, and aerospace teams and within our three offices located in San Francisco, CA; Golden, CO; and Toulouse, France.
- Loft Orbital is hiring a mission manager to help make Loft the fastest-to-space offering in the industry. In this role, you will help Loft execute on our Company mission to make space simple for our customers, without compromising on quality or reliability.
- You will be in charge of executing a mission from beginning to end leveraging Loft’s model of using standard satellites and interfacing technology.
- This will be a customer-facing role, and you will work closely with our VP Missions as well as our customers from contract signature through launch and initial operations
- Engage with customer management and technical personnel to establish mission requirements
- Establish a relationship and a cadence of operations with customers and major subsystem suppliers
- Work collaboratively to establish and document key interfaces (mechanical, electrical, etc) between Loft and customer hardware
- Own the mission schedule and drive technical and programmatic progress with the Loft team
- Engage with launch vehicle providers to establish interface documentation and ensure compliance with vehicle requirements
- Plan and execute the launch campaign
- 5+ years of experience managing aerospace programs
- Demonstrated experience in Program Management of agile small satellite missions
- Demonstrated experience as a technical specialist on specific spacecraft subsystems as well as system-level experience
- Demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced development environment
- Prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
- Experience working with US Government/DOD Customers