The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end – significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
Wanna join the adventure?
- The tech will be the hands on support, working with the engineer towards successful drawing and manufacturing designs that equate to the build up and test of Lofts Spacecraft and various test equipment, GSE, and simulators. You are the point of contact for activities on the laboratory and manufacturing floor, ensuring the operations and proper support material are ready to execute. Although very hands-on in assembly and test of the hardware, you are also the check and balance to the engineer, owning the activities and showing pride in ownership.
- *Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
What You’ll Do:
- Hands-on experience with flight hardware with an emphasis on electrical OR mechanical, strong understanding of the other
- Meticulously detail orientated and pride in ownership of work performed
- Trained in FOD awareness and mitigation techniques
- ESD and cleanroom trained, understanding how to set-up and maintain a lab and manufacturing floor environment
- Trained in using laboratory equipment and measuring techniques with DMM, O-Scopes, Logic Analyzers, Signal Analyzers
- Understand how to read engineering drawings and provide feedback to engineering on assembly approaches and Design for Test and Manufacturing guidelines
- Take ownership of the manufacturing space, ensuring safe and successful execution of Spacecraft, GSE, Sim, and flat-sat integration and test
- Plus is an understanding of Spacecraft unique test equipment, RF Test Consoles, ConSims, Spacecraft Test Consoles and their operating languages
- RF Test and integration a plus
- Plus is running environmental facilities, Vibration, TVAC, or EMI/EMC
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace