The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital provides the fastest and simplest path to orbit for organizations that require information from space. We operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle the entire mission from initial concept through in-orbit operations. This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: their payload and their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career. With a wave of exciting customer traction, we are scaling up our team quickly across our software, hardware, and aerospace teams and within our three offices located in San Francisco, CA; Golden, CO; and Toulouse, France.
- Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We provide space infrastructure as a service where multiple customer payloads are flown on a single spacecraft platform through Loft’s in-house Payload Accommodation Module.
- The Test Engineer will be responsible for conducting hands-on AIT operations for Loft’s spacecraft. You will work with Loft Orbital’s engineering and mission management teams to verify the performance of internal avionics and customer payloads through preparation, implementation, and participation in electrical, functional and environmental testing for each mission.
- Specific responsibilities will include handling and unit level integration and test of both EM/GSE and Flight payloads and avionics, physical and electrical integration of the spacecraft, as well as the conduction of spacecraft testing through Loft’s in-house software tools. Experience with the intersection of hardware and software is critical to success in this role and reducing the time-to-orbit for our customers.
- 5+ years in the aerospace industry in a similar position
- An electrical engineering background, or experience testing electrical subsystems on a spacecraft
- Python experience preferred, scripting experience required
- Experience at a small company or start up
- Experience with a variety of payload types and interfaces
- Experience in AIT campaigns for small satellite missions
- Hands-on Flight Hardware build experience in electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies
- Experience in creating detailed AIT Documentation including Assembly Instructions and Test Procedures