Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
About This Role:
- Working both with Other Groups and Customers to develop and maintain technical budgets for spacecraft performance.
- Working both with Other Groups and Customers to develop and manage system requirements and verification techniques.
- Working both with Other Groups and Customers to develop and evolve mission CONOPS, supporting the development of Service Level Agreements with Loft’s customers
- Assist with program management and product management, including interfacing with customers on programmatic and schedule matters
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications, CONOPS definition, and other design documents.
- Support test procedures and participate in the integration and test campaign at our spacecraft manufacturer’s site
- US Citizenship
- Current in-scope DoD SECRET background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining, or Continuous Evaluation (CE) status, with willingness and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Enjoy being the face of the technical requirements and working with a team to deliver quality hardware.
- Challenge norms in aerospace on implementing and executing on System Engineering functions
- Have demonstrated experience as a technical specialist on specific spacecraft subsystems as well as system-level experience (Thermal, Structural, ADCS, RF Link, etc)
- Have demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Have experience in a fast-paced development environment.
- Have prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
Nice to Haves:
- You have 5 years of experience as a systems engineer or similar in the space industry
- Preferred: Experience on RF and/or Electrical subsystems
- Preferred: Proficient with STK
- Plus: Experience with thermal analysis
- DoD or Intelligence Community Top Secret background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining or CE status; and SCI eligibility with current experience in SCI programs, other control systems, and/or Special Access Programs
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable