Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for our customers. We operate satellites and we fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. We are redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to perform their critical missions.
Loft’s customers span across the entire space industry, from start-ups to large companies and government agencies. Our standard interfacing and mission operations products enable us to fly any kind of payload, such as imagers, RF systems, scientific experiments, national security missions, in-orbit demonstrations, and weather and climate sensors. By embracing standardization and software-driven approaches, Loft ,
We are hiring a Director of US Government Business Development to build on our initial traction with US Government customers and serve as our primary interface with this community. Loft has an ambitious goal to become a best-in-class provider of space infrastructure for US Government missions and payloads, and your job is to bring us there!
What you will do in this role:
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders in the national security and intelligence communities, ranging from key program offices, senior leaders, and principal investigators
- Evangelize Loft’s products and services and help Loft become a household name within these communities
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to fly payloads for US government customers: evaluate, shape, and lead Loft’s pursuits of these opportunities
- Lead proposal efforts, working with Loft’s mission engineering and product teams to craft white papers and RFP responses
- Establish partnerships with other industry players to secure access to customers and capabilities that are strategic to Loft
- Gain a deep understanding of customer requirements to feed into Loft’s product strategy and roadmapping
- Prior experience working at an aerospace company or government organization focused on procuring, building, launching, and/or operating spacecraft
- Deep intimacy with the national security space community, specifically the US Space Force / Air Force
- Understanding of government contracting and budgeting processes.
- Prior experience working collaboratively to develop space-based solutions with government end-users
- Plus: Prior experience in a business development or sales role in which you sold space systems to US government customers
- Plus: intimacy with the US civil space community (NASA and/or NOAA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible on location. Preference for San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Washington DC.
- Expected travel: 25%