Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Coordinates activity to ensure local, import, export transaction data is sent in a timely manner to supporting parties (Customs Brokers). Requires a thorough understanding of international and local freight and Customs requirements. Support Business Lines based on Brazilian foreign trade laws and local and international strategic logistics. Analyse performance and provide support to management regarding areas of improvement through quality methodologies.
- Execute End-To-End activities from order or Commercial Invoice entry to delivery within time, cost and quality agreed standards/metrics.
Receive local, import and export documents (purchase orders, sales order, packing list, product declaration, etc) and analyse if they are compliant with ABB Global and local trade rules;
- Coordinate with Brokers, carrier and freight forwarders the issue of all documents (import licenses, origin certificates, commercial invoices, bill of lading, etc).
- To monitor daily inbound and outbound shipments and process the movements through TMS (Eye Freight), Trade Systems (PWCE), ERP SA, all shipping modes (air, ocean, road and heavy lift), for arrangements by appointed Customs Broker.
- To understand Customs procedures, ensure the relevant declarations are correctly done and carry out reporting to ensure compliance.
- Analysis of all logistics costs related to local, import/export process (including duties and taxes).
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all records are maintained and archived correctly
- Manage the movement of products in and out of various countries in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
- Anticipate research and report on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the company’s own strategy, resources and procedures.
- Monitor and report on results relating to import/export activities.
- Plan and manage the effective and necessary conversation of weights, sizes, values and quality standards interpretations between importing and exporting systems and territories.
- Support on KPI analysis, performance statistics and identify areas for improvement.
- Support on creation of internal procedures, develop and maintain SOP and other import/export process documentation.
- Support on special regimes reports e controls (such as Drawback, Ex-Tarifário, Temporary Admission and Temporary Export, RECOF, TTDs, etc).
- Manage sourcing related activities for all Heavy Lift & Projects, budgetary or firm;
- Investigate transport feasibility for projects
- Implements effective transport sourcing strategies in line with business strategy ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
- Heavy Lift & Projects Sourcing Execution (RFI / RFQ) – prepare scope of work with all operational details for projects or more complex heavy lift material transports in line with business requirements
- Knowledge in PWCE (Desirable)
- Comprehensive understanding of Import and Export Control laws
- Good understating of National customs procedures
- Experience in logistics, with a mix of air/sea/truck
- Experience of Heavy Lift/ Shipping and Import/Export procedures & documentation.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Have the ability to build effective relationships with customers and manufacturers.
- Be well-organized, flexible and adaptable with good planning & time management skills.
- Fluent English
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.