As an independent space consultancy, LSE Space has been supporting satellite and manned missions in both the industrial and public sectors since 1990. LSE Space has a wide offering of spacecraft operations and ground systems engineering services. It provides complete space consultancy services to satellite operators and supports all project phases, from designing and testing through to launch and operations. Today LSE Space is a company of SSC, the Swedish Space Corporation.
LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers in order to fulfill the duty of: IV&V Engineer to work in Darmstadt – Germany.
For our activities at Eumetsat, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic IV&V Engineer.
The scope of the activities is to perform Integration and Verification(I&V) of the EUMETSAT Sentinel-6/Jason-CS (S6/JCS) Ground segment and System components and to contribute to their Validation.
Typical activities shall cover the following tasks:
- Update of the existing integration and verification test specifications and procedures
- Generate any additional integration and verification test specifications and procedures as needed
- Dry run detailed test procedures that are to be executed in the IV&V Campaigns
- Maintenance of existing test tools and test data, as well as development of additional test tools
- Contribute to the preparation of the documentation relevant to the Data Packages linked to the IV&V campaign TRR
- Performing the integration activities and testing according to the plans, procedures and arrangements taken in the TRR, undertaking any required analysis of the results/issues and recording the outcome in relevant reports, and anomaly reports where necessary
- Contribute to the preparation of the test report for the Verification Test Review Board (TRB) meetings in which completion of the verification activities related to each block of verification activities will be assessed
- Liaising with EUMETSAT teams and service providers for technical issues related to the utilisation of the facilities, the communication of anomalies, the follow-up of their resolution and installation of patches or new releases
- Analysis of problems and management of anomalies
- Contribute to Anomaly Review Board (ARB) meetings
- University degree in engineering (e.g. space or software engineering) or equivalent
- Up to 7 years related work experience
- Proven ability in I&V of complex systems
- Requirements and verification management
- Structured software development and verification
- Software maintenance, performance monitoring
- ECSS standards
- Configuration control
- Ability to analyse complex situations, identify critical areas and produce accurate and concise analyses – and recommendations
- Ability to work autonomously and plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks to achieve agreed deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Fluent English language skills
- Satellite communications (packet TM/TC, PUS, SLE protocol)
- Mission planning and control functions
- Satellite monitoring and control (e.g. SCOS-2000)
- Near real-time, Earth observation data processing, archiving, distribution
Specific/Product Skills (Desiderable):
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Automated software testing
- Requirements and verification management using DOORS
- Programming languages: Java, Python, Groovy, Bash Scripting
The tasks shall be mainly carried out at the EUMETSAT headquarters in Darmstadt and occasionally at the European ground station sites/Remote Mission Control Centre site. Travel within Europe may be needed for the execution of specific tests, to be specified within the relevant work packages.
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then please apply onlinewww.lsespace.com –> online application