The ESRIC research unit is recruiting a Lead Research & Technology Associate in the field of materials chemistry/processing applied to space resources. He/she will develop innovative chemical/physical technologies enabling the in-space processing, refining and usage (as raw materials, feedstock or consumables) of space resources. This could also include the development and use of appropriate simulants.
The successful candidate should be a recognized researcher in her/his field. Her/his main missions are:
- to promote the RDI group activities and recognition at national and international level by developing scientific and technological cooperation networks as well as partnerships with industries and institutions (e.g. ESA) that lead to research projects / programs and long-term collaborations
- to secure funding through project acquisition at national and international level
- to lead the definition of and to manage as PI a sustainable project portfolio, ranging from fundamental to industry-applied research. These projects will focus primarily on hydrogen, water and metals processing from lunar regolith simulants.
- supervising post-doc researchers and PhD students participating in these projects
- to lead and promote the development of strong collaborations with other members of the ESRIC research unit, other MRT units and department
- to contribute to the development of Research & Technology activities in LIST.
- to lead and promote the dissemination, valorisation and transfer of RDI results (patents, licences, prototypes, publications, technical reports, participation in conferences) and publish scientific results in high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
- participating in the management of the unit’s laboratories and taking charge of some of the unit’s instrument, including fulfilling the equipment quality and compliance follow-up and training the users
- reporting to the unit leader
To carry out diligently this mission, the selected candidate should have both an outstanding academic background and a very strong record of accomplishments regarding publications, patents and project management. Significant experience with application-oriented research is a requirement, including collaboration(s) with industry and transfer of RDI results to public and/or private partners.