Excellence for Impact
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a researcher? Join our IT for Innovation Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
The department relies on the Data Analytics Platform: a hybrid infrastructure covering the entire range of data analytics activities. The platform is based on three pillars: a high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure, a cognitive analytics pillar and an interactive visualization wall (Viswall).
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is willing to strengthen its competences in Optimisation and Machine Learning applied to the emerging domain of 5G. As a consequence, LIST is appointing a Research and Technology Associate to join the ORISON Group of LIST, that performs research and development activities focused. ORISON is part of the “Trusted Service Systems” Unit within the “IT for Innovative Services” (ITIS) Department of LIST.
How will you contribute?
In this context, The specific missions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
Defining and assessing EMF/emission evaluation methodologies that can be used for future 5G deployments in Luxembourg.
This will involve studying
- Existing 5G solutions,
- 4G approaches that can be adapted to 5G,
- and (c) potentially new approaches if the ones that are identified are neither suitable nor optimal.
- Existing numerical analysis tools will also be investigated, and relevant models implemented to benchmark their performance.
Implementing these methodologies by considering:
- Eealistic deployment scenarios and the local context
- Examining various types of 5G antennas
- Geographical constraints
- And aligning them with regulatory emission limits.
This exercise will be carried out using network simulation tools.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- PhD in the following domains:
- Applied Mathematics with specialization in optimization and probabilistic analysis
- Computer Science with strong mathematical background
- Electronics/Telecom with strong skills in mathematical modeling
- Optimization and Machine Learning (exact and metaheuristic methodologies)
- Coding skills: Python, Matlab, …
- Telecommunication modelling (Radio Access Network – application domain)
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.