Excellence for Impact
The Advanced Instrumentation for Nano-Analytics (AINA) group within the Scientific Instrumentation and Process Technology (SIPT) unit of MRT is renowned for developing innovative nano-analytical techniques for materials characterization and life science applications. During the past few years we have been developing in particular Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) add-on systems for analytical instrument such as the Helium Ion Microscope (HIM), Focussed Ion Beam (FIB) instruments and Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), allowing correlative high spatial resolution imaging and high sensitivity chemical information for nano-analytics.
In this context, we are developing in collaboration with the Visualization and Interaction (VISU) group in the IT for Innovative Services (ITIS department) software and algorithms for the processing, correlating and visualization of large, multi-dimensional datasets coming from high-resolution electron and ion microscopy and mass spectrometry. In this framework, we are looking for a motivated full-stack software engineer who will continue the development of Web-based software prototype towards a commercial product.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
You Hold a Master’s degree Computer Science, or equivalent and also have:
- Experience in full-stack software development
- Strong knowledge of Web programming languages and frameworks e.g., Angular and/or React
- Familiarity with Web-based data visualisation libraries e.g., D3js, Vega is a plus
- Interest in materials science is considered an advantage
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with team-spirit mandatory
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
- 32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A scientific CV with contact details;
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable);
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.