Excellence for Impact
You will join the Composite Modelling (CM) of MRT. Combining Computational Mathematics, Computer Science, and Composite Materials Science and Engineering, the CM research group acts “horizontally” in a world of vertically oriented disciplines providing the knowledge and the machinery needed to: Develop a physically meaningful material design thanks to: i) the integration of advanced materials modelling coupled with uncertainty management and reliability analysis; ii) Accelerate development, adoption and use of new composite materials and iii) increase the fraction of critical design and decisions informed by modelling and simulation.
As part of the team, you will particularly focus on the group’s activities around knowledge-based decision support tools and software platforms for material modelling and design. You will have an opportunity to work in an agile environment and as part of an agile European feature team to build a large-scale web-based application from the ground up. You will also work very closely with the project DevOps Team which has adopted full Continuous Integration and Continuous Development. This role will also provide you an opportunity to learn and contribute across the entire technology stack which includes Angular, Camunda, DevOps, and Test Automation.
Your activities will include:
- Design and implement Business Process Management applications using Java or Python
- Design, development and documentation of both desktop and web applications to be used for materials modelling and design, circular economy and sustainability assessment, sustainable supply chain management and similar topics.
- Design and develop the back-end framework as a set of microservices and deployed within a containerized infrastructure
- Design database structure to support a highly scalable web-based application that takes into consideration performance, data integrity, and data reuse
- Design, development and documentation of distributed data acquisition, analysis and exchange architectures for materials modelling, with specific application focus on sustainability aspects
- Design and develop persistence layer that allows the services to interact with the database
- Collaborate with the architecture and design teams to implement product requirements
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Master degree in Software Science & Engineering or related topics.
- Good knowledge in programming and application design and experience in application development using Python, Java/JEE and related technologies.
- Experience with BPM is a must and first experience in Camunda is a plus
- Knowledge of frameworks for front-end development (such as React, Angular and similar) and data persistency (such as MongoDB) is a preferential requirement.
- Strong understanding of Git/Github
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms to manage application deployment (such as Docker, Kubernetes or similar) is a preferential requirement.
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
Good interpersonal skills, attitude to teamwork and good job autonomy in the management of technical and organizational issues is required.
- Excellent interpersonal collaboration and presentation skills in English both with the internal team and with external stakeholders is required.
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A scientific CV with contact details;
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable);
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.