Lynk’s business is to provide everywhere connectivity directly to the existing 5.2 billion mobile phone users on the planet, and to billions more who will now have a compelling reason to buy a mobile phone.
As a member of the senior management team at Lynk, you will be the main driver of commercial strategy and business development in the organization. You will be primarily responsible for developing our relationships with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs), and other commercial channel partners and commercial customers around the world. You will also be responsible for identifying new target markets and use cases, customer discovery, conducting market research, creating and closing sales opportunities, and developing relationships with new prospective clients.
You will be responsible for leading commercial sales and marketing activities around the world. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop relationships with MNOs, MVNOs, and commercial partners on a global basis.
- Negotiate network extension (satellite fronthaul) agreements with MNOs and MVNOs.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Sales & marketing strategy development and implementation, budgets and non-financial targets, having the key responsibility for attracting customers and ensuring a highly professional relationship to various decision-makers within a customer’s organization.
- Recruiting, training, and directing a global commercial BD and sales team that is mostly remote, establishing their objectives, and managing team members to successful achievement of their objectives.
- Must be an expert in customer discovery and business development of early stage ventures, including chasm crossing marketing strategies.
- Review and analyze market research on various Lynk products and services.
- Identify and evaluate new use cases, and users, of the company’s goods and services.
- Work with the product and technical leadership in the development of the company products and services.
- Must be willing to travel frequently around the globe to meet clients face-to-face.
- Significant experience selling wholesale network services to MNOs (roaming, cell site as a service, towers, backhaul, network equipment, hardware or software), and experience as a senior executive at an MNO. In combination 20+ years required.
- Significant and broad go-to-market (BD, product, sales, marketing) experience.
- Significant BD experience in early stage ventures, including a deep understanding of the unique challenges of identifying effective go-to-market strategies for pre-revenue companies.
- Working relationships at the C-suite level with MNOs in multiple regions around the world.
- Proven ability to close contracts with MNOs, including contracts for new services requiring sign-off from multiple sponsors.
- Experience building and managing a sales and marketing organization.
- Strong communications skills to represent the firm in public forums, including commercial sales events, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Venture-backed startup experience.
- Experience with the roaming and messaging products, business models, and services.
- Marketing and communications experience.
- Relationships with senior executives in major global tech firms.
- Experience with (and relationships with) GSMA.
- Experience and knowledge of network engineering.
- Satellite experience.
- Telecom infrastructure project experience.
- First-hand fundraising experience or the requisite skills to help with fundraising.
- Experience with developing and closing strategic investments.
- Knowledge of national-level and international spectrum allocation rules and regulatory environment, and experience negotiating agreements involving foreign and international regulatory agencies.
- Successful exit experience as part of senior level team or at a minimum demonstrable experience meeting/beating plan and driving shareholder value.
- Prefer candidates who have scar tissue and have learned from mistakes, challenges, market conditions, etc.
- Fluency in major languages other than English (e.g. Spanish, French), are a bonus.