Lynk’s business is to provide everywhere connectivity directly to the existing 5.2 billion mobile phone users on the planet, and to billions more who will now have a compelling reason to buy a mobile phone.
As a business development executive at Lynk, you will be primarily responsible for developing our relationships with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) and IOT firms in your geographic area of responsibility. You will also be responsible for identifying new target markets and use cases, conducting market research, creating and closing sales opportunities, and developing relationships with new prospective clients.
You will be responsible for leading sales and marketing activities for the United States and Canada. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop relationships with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in United States and Canada.
- Develop relationships with IOT firms and MVNOs in the United States.
- Negotiate network extension (satellite fronthaul) agreements with MNOs and MVNOs.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel frequently to meet clients face-to-face.
- Identify and evaluate new use cases, and users, of the company’s goods and services.
- Work with the product and technical leadership in the development of the company products and services.
- Significant (10+ years) work experience in sales and business development
- Significant (7+ years) experience selling either technical hardware, software or services, wholesale network services, network equipment, wholesale products, towers, fiber/backhaul, or roaming services to MNOs.
- Proven ability to close contracts with MNOs.
- Strong existing working relationships w/ MNOs in the United States.
- Strong communications skills to represent the firm in public forums, including commercial sales events, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Relevant experience closing contracts in companies that are “pre-revenue.”
- Experience with the roaming and messaging products, business models, and services.
- Marketing and communications experience.
- Relationships with executives responsible for messaging in major global tech firms.
- Experience with (and relationships with) GSMA.
- Satellite experience.
- Telecom infrastructure project experience.
- Fluency in major languages other than English (e.g. Spanish, French), are a bonus.