Lynk’s business is to provide everywhere connectivity directly to the existing 5.2 billion mobile phone users on the planet, and to billions more who will now have a compelling reason to buy a mobile phone.
The Product Manager for EEE will manage the development and delivery of our emergency, disaster response and resilience group of services. In this role, the Product Manager (EEE) acts as the general manager and the subject area expert. The Product Manager (EEE) leads and coordinates all activities related to the creation, marketing, and development of EEE products. The Product Manager (EEE) will have direct responsibility for implementing the Company’s strategic objective that “Nobody ever again will die because they have a phone in their pocket and are not connected.”
As Lynk is an early-stage venture, the Product Manager (EEE) will be responsible for flexibly straddling and integrating work in the domains of sales and business development, engineering, regulatory, policy and other products related to EEE services, to include:
- Define, promote, and execute the company’s EEE strategy.
- Researching and defining the value propositions that Lynk can bring to the area of emergency, disaster response and resilience communications.
- Determine the market size, if any, and opportunities for growth for new EEE customers and partners
- Establish collaborative relationships with the key EEE-related stakeholders including mobile network operator (MNO) emergency operations teams, government bodies for civil defense/public safety/emergency management, telecom regulators, humanitarian agencies, providers of first line response, and agencies developing international requirements in this area.
- Support the business development team in managing and enhancing relationships with partner MNOs to achieve the EEE strategic objective, and support for contracting for EEE services.
- Guide, support and implement the Company’s communications strategy for EEE services, including serving as an effective Company spokesperson at both private and public events.
- Guide engineering development and promotional projects within product line.
- Manage the testing and deployment of EEE services in targeted markets.
- Provide knowledge domain support to create alignment on service deployment and communications, including sales collateral, product requirements and marketing materials.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date knowledge base for EEE technologies, deployments and markets.
- Identify key resources (technologies, expertise, research, etc.) both within Lynk and externally needed to deliver EEE services along with budgetary requirements.
- Identify, research and analyze cost structures for the provision of EEE services (fixed and variable) alongside potential revenue and value gains for Lynk.
- Research and track spectrum opportunities linked to EEE, and support responses to regulator input requests.
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities with Government, International and local agencies working in the field. Manage any subsequent funding requirements and deliverables.
- Bottom line results expected – successful deployment of EEE services around the world, implementing Lynk’s strategic vision that “Nobody ever again will die because they have a phone in their pocket and are not connected.”
- BS required (engineering or telecomm related desired) or equivalent work experience
10+ years communications wireless industry experience, with 5+ years of experience working with MNOs.
- 5+ years of working on Emergency telecommunications, with a background in business continuity and disaster response services.
- 5+ years of working with Government agencies, regulators and public safety.
- 5+ years Product or Program Management experience required
- Product or Program Management experience in the development and deployment of telecommunication services through MNOs.
- Experience working with the Humanitarian and Development agencies including international NGOs, Global agencies such as the UN and existing alert service providers.
- Knowledge and experience of mobile emergency technologies, such as Cell Broadcast, SMS, MCPTT, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of NGO and Government agency disaster resilience and response procedures and standards.
- Experience of co-operative marketing and support with MNOs and other key partners
- Superior research and analytical skills
- In depth understanding of programme deployment processes
- Effective public speaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a demanding, high energy environment and comfort for ambiguity, with the ability to handle uncertainty and work to reduce it for the business.
- International travel required (20-30% time)
- International experience desired, especially in APAC, MENA and LATAM markets.