Lynk’s business is to provide everywhere connectivity directly to the existing 5.2 billion mobile phone users on the planet, and to billions more who will now have a compelling reason to buy a mobile phone.
As a business development executive, you will be primarily responsible for developing our relationships with USG customers of communication services, with a particular emphasis on USG agencies that support public safety such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the U.S. Coast Guard (CG). You will be responsible for identifying target markets and use cases, conducting market research, creating and closing sales opportunities, and developing relationships with prospective customers.
- Develop relationships with USG public safety agencies that are customers of communications.
- Provide leadership across the new business capture lifecycle from opportunity identification, qualification, and win strategy development through post submission phases of Business Capture Process.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel frequently to meet clients face-to-face.
- Identify and evaluate new use cases, and users, of the company’s goods and services.
- Work with the product and technical leadership in development of the company products and services.
- Significant work experience in public safety.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of DHS, FEMA, and CG mission priorities as well as key relationships within the respective component agencies.
- Significant work experience in sales and business development with USG agencies.
- Proven ability to close sales agreements with USG agencies.
- Strong existing working relationships w/ USG agencies focused on public safety.
- Strong communications skills to represent the firm in public forums, including commercial sales events, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Experience in leadership roles in USG public safety agencies, such as DHS, FEMA and CG.
- Knowledge and experience in coordinating and cooperating with state and local public safety organizations, international public safety agencies and organizations, and of allies of the US.
- Strong relationships with existing leadership in USG public safety agencies.
- Strong proposal writing experience.
- Experience and knowledge of technical hardware, software or services, wholesale network services, network equipment, and communications products and technologies.
- Relevant experience in early stage ventures, including closing contracts that are “pre-revenue.”
- Experience with the communications technologies, products, business models, and services.
- Marketing and communications experience.
- Mobile wireless industry experience.
- Satellite industry experience.