Chief Standards Strategist
Mobile Connectivity for the World
The Chief Standards Strategist at Lynk will be responsible for developing and advancing the company’s standards strategy through ATIS, 3GPP and similar fora. The Chief will (1) help develop the internal strategy working with IP and top management, (2) Attend relevant standards meetings, presenting, negotiating and coordinating the presentation of corporate contributions to NTN standards.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in mobile telecom related engineering domains. We are looking for engineers that enjoy a challenge and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems.
The Chief Standards Strategist will have in depth knowledge of LTE and GSM standards, architecture, signaling interfaces, system provisioning and configuration. The ideal candidate will have worked on standards development in 3GPP concerning LTE and/or GSM with exposure to all aspects of the system.
Lynk seeks a Wireless Standards Engineer to work in the ATIS and 3GPP Non-Terrestrial-Network (NTN) organizations and will have demonstrated experience in wireless design and/or standardization. Background in mobile satellite systems is a plus. In this role, you will be a member of the 3GPP standards group and serve as the company’s central point of contact for monitoring, tracking and contributing to 3GPP standards meetings. You will work closely with top management to develop buy-in of an evolving standards strategy and will work closely with development and architectural teams to both answer questions about the standards as well as incorporating input from the engineering teams to contribute to the standards effort. Competitive analysis and assessment of proposed alternatives within the standard and industry will also be a requirement.
These responsibilities include:
- Written communications and presentations of the contributions, reports of status and the dynamics of the NTN standardization work within ATIS and 3GPP and associated bodies such as GSMA and 5GAmericas as needed.
- Develop a results-oriented strategy within the company for ensuring an effective approach for bringing satellite service to existing cellular phones in a timely and cost-effective way that makes good use of a large and existing industry ecosystem.
- Form alliances and plan strategies for advancing the corporate directives as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or better) in Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 10+ years of recent experience with telecommunications technical experience with GSM and/or LTE protocols.
- Strong understanding of all aspects related to telecommunications operations and standards compliance.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications protocols, RF communications, and multiple access methods: e.g. LTE, EDGE, GPRS, HSPA, GSM, CDMA, TDMA, FDMA etc.
- Strong knowledge of all layers (user and control plane) of cellular network infrastructure elements, including RAN and Core network signaling (e.g. HSS, HLR, VLR, AuC, MME, EPC, eNB, S-GW, P-GW, etc.).
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken, with persuasive social skills
- Experience as a delegate, rapporteur, or chair of a standards body.
- Ability to work independently while possessing a dynamic, innovative, and research-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Previous experience designing, developing, and testing telecommunications software on rapid timelines is a big plus.