Mobile Connectivity for the World
As a Network Software Engineer at Lynk, you will be an integral part of the software development team and contribute to the design, development, integration and testing of the end-to-end network applications across multiple 3GPP technologies and nodes. You will be responsible for writing and implementing software that serves as the backbone of interconnects to establish the world’s first 3GPP NTN infrastructure (i.e. space based cellular network).
If you enjoy the challenge of wearing many hats and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems, then we look forward to meeting you!
As a Network Software Engineer your core responsibilities are as follows.
- Design network protocols for space-based cellular networks
- Design and implement network software for signaling and O&M operations
- Design and implementation of software testing system
- A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering with 3 – 5 years of related experience required.
- Strong knowledge in one of wireless networks such as GSM, GPRS, LTE and 5G standards, access and core network protocols and end-to-end network applications.
- Strong knowledge in core network function blocks, CM, MM, Authentication, HRL, and VLR.
- Understanding of messaging applications and call processing across the telecom network nodes.
- Prior hands-on experience implementing core network protocol stacks or network applications, ability to code across the full stack, strong Linux administration including scripting.
- Open-source tools development, implementation, and/or collaboration experience and source code control systems (STASH/GIT/GitLab).
- Experience with C/C++, Python and debugging tools.
- Understanding on protocol software testing.
- Experience with protocol stack implementation, testing, and quality assurance.