Storage In Motion
LyteLoop Technologies LLC is a space company that will utilize the power of ultra-high bandwidth lasers to store massive amounts of data in space. Since 2015, LyteLoop has been assembling a team and obtaining patents for its plan to move data in an endless loop between satellites, taking up less space and using less electricity than traditional, terrestrial solutions.
The company has developed a photonic method of data storage which puts data in a constant state of perpetual motion. LyteLoop’s storage in motion technique will transform how data is stored while providing a myriad of unique and customizable advantages including substantial power savings, unique cyber security advantages and more.
Key responsibilities of the successful candidate include designing a one-of-a-kind novel PIC solution to support development of a high-speed optical coherent transceiver, modelling and implementation of integrated photonic components, taping-out to fab manufacturing, and testing the resulting circuits to verify performance.
- Design and optimize photonic integrated circuits (PICs) using different platforms (Indium Phosphide, Silicon Nitride, etc.)
- Conduct modeling and simulation of optical components such as high-speed modulators, lasers, SOAs, gratings, switches, multiplexers, demultiplexers, combs, detectors
- Knowledge of material and device characterization and opto-electronic fabrication process
- Job requires collaborative interactions with fab, epitaxy, test and reliability engineering, packaging, product engineering, and system engineering groups.
- Conduct statistical yield analysis to provide feedback for design optimization
Experience and Education:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Photonics, or a discipline related to high-speed optical coherent communications.
- Deep expertise in designing, developing and optimizing active optical devices using (PIC) with extensive applicable industry experience
- Proficiency in photonic layout with Klayout, Luceda, Cadence, or equivalent
- Proficiency in electromagnetic simulation with common tools, such as Lumerical Suite
- Good knowledge of electromagnetic theory
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills