LyteLoop is the future of data storage - “Storage in Motion”
Since late 2015, we have been perfecting our proprietary, patent pending photonic method of data storage which puts data in a constant state of perpetual motion. Achieved through the use of ultra-high bandwidth lasers, data now moves in an endless circulating loop, taking up less space and using less electricity.
LyteLoop’s revolutionary “storage in motion” technique will transform how data is stored while providing a myriad of unique and customizable advantages based on the desired LyteLoop application deployed. LyteLoop now makes it possible to harness the power of data while consuming less energy. This exceptional technology not only increases data storage performance and utilization, but also reduces the total cost of ownership. Our advance offers a clear competitive edge for those coping with the limitations of wasteful data storage systems.
Using state of the art photonics technology Lyteloop patented IP will enable countless applications including huge power savings for Data Centers, less heat production, cybersecurity solutions and many additional applications. In order to develop its innovative ideas, Lyteloop is looking to expand its R&D team by adding an Optical Signal Processing Lead based out of our Great Neck, NY office. The role will serve as an optical signal processing and optical communications scientist for our team.
The successful candidate will:
- Design novel all-optical processing devices for high data rate telecommunications.
- Participate in all of the optical research effort at Lyteloop
- Implement error correction functionalities using photonic and optoelectronic devices.
- Participate in the implementation of an apparatus related to very highly multiplexed, very high data rate, free-space optical communications
- Discuss innovative optical solutions with the engineering team to overcome challenges in optical communication systems and networks
The following skills are required:
- PhD or MSc with 3 years of R&D experience in photonics
- Excellent laboratory experience with free-space and fiber optics (alignment, gratings, lenses, collimators, spatial light modulators) and nonlinear optics (nonlinear fibers, nonlinear waveguides, high power amplifiers and lasers)
- Excellent theoretical and experimental skills in optical communications systems
- Experience with all-optical processing using linear and nonlinear techniques for optical communications
- Theoretical solid knowledge of nonlinear processes in optical materials
- Excellent laboratory experience with free-space optics (alignment, gratings, lenses, collimators, spatial light modulators) and nonlinear optics (nonlinear waveguides, high power lasers)
The following skills are preferred:
- Experience in designing photonic devices and subsystems for optical communications
- Experience writing DSP algorithms in optical communications transceivers
- Working proficiency of MATLAB, Python
We offer a generous remuneration package in a modern working environment on Long Island easily commutable to/from New York City.