Upgrading people's lives.
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work are massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We are looking for a remote working Data Analyst within the Data Science & Analytics team who is resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. Your main objective will be to work closely with internal stakeholders, such as Customer Care, Sales, and Finance to scope, execute and support analytics activities.
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Provide insights and answers to business questions via deep-dive and exploratory analyses.
- Support stakeholders with data and analyses for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Build and support automated analytics processes to support day-to-day operations.
- Contribute to the maintenance and creation of datasets.
- Develop dashboards and reports that communicate insights to business stakeholders.
You Might Be A Good Fit If You:
- Are motivated to have a material impact on business operations through data.
- Enjoy digging through data, identifying trends, and communicating insights.
- Are committed to high-quality technical standards and building systems for longevity.
- Push through hard problems without giving up.
- Are not afraid to take on complicated systems.
- Can communicate clearly with colleagues who work, speak, and think differently.
- Always try to improve as a data analyst and colleague.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field or demonstrated self-directed learning and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a role with a similar focus.
- Strong skills in SQL and Python or R.
- Strong attention to detail and investigative nature to ensure error-free, high-quality, reproducible analysis.
- Highly collaborative and communicative, particularly when working with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with answering business questions using statistical methods and communicating data-derived insights to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with data from multiple sources incl SQL databases, data lakes, and API integrations.
- Experience with data visualization tools for stakeholder communication.
- Experience with dashboard tools such as Looker/PowerBI.
- Experience with collaborative version control tools such as Git and comfortable in the command line.
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.