Hydrosat is a venture-backed space data analytics company developing a new earth observation constellation and software to unlock the power of thermal infrared imagery.
Hydrosat is a space data analytics company developing a new Earth observation constellation and software to unlock the power of thermal infrared imagery. Our mission is to capture and deliver high resolution thermal infrared data, currently not available from other sources, to provide insights that benefit the environment, enhance food security, and serve other critical applications. Our data analytics team in Luxembourg applies proprietary algorithms to thermal imagery and combines this with data fusion capabilities to extract valuable insights.
We are seeking an experienced machine learning engineer to support our team in Luxembourg in the development of our data analytics pipelines and commercial products. This role will appeal to candidates that are looking to use their data science and machine learning skills to make an impact on the world in agriculture, climate, and public safety monitoring applications.
What you’ll do:
- Work with other scientists in the analytics team to develop and deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence data pipelines
- Extract valuable information from satellite imagery and turn it into actionable insights for agriculture
- Work with new and emerging technologies including Python data science tools
- Work with high performance computing platforms
- Integrate data sources and work with the software development team to deliver data products to customer endpoints
- Identify and mitigate technical and schedule risks during development.
- 3+ years of machine learning development experience with multiple tools, technologies and frameworks
- Strong analytical skills and critical mindset, with the ability to build innovative solutions
- Strong background in statistics and probability theory
- Proficiency in Python, with the ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Fluency in software development tools and practices (version control, test, debugging, continuous integration/continuous development)
- Highly self-motivated, keen learner able to solve challenging problems with creative solutions
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive execution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams to deliver capability to users
- Experience processing satellite imagery (Sentinel, Landsat, MODIS datasets) and working knowledge of geo-information technology and raster data processing tools (GDAL, Rasterio, Geopandas)
- Experience implementing land-cover classification or time-series forecasting models
- Experience deploying machine learning models in a production environment
- Working knowledge with AWS or other cloud provider (GCP, Azure)
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with high performance computing platforms (HPC)
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee equity
- Flexible and dynamic startup environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to great facilities at the Luxembourg House of Startups building