Blue Origin is committed to building a road to space so our children can build the future.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will ensure machinery is operating and running efficiently used for manufacturing hardware for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of performing troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, repair and upgrades. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Manage all machine tool service requirements and needs
- Perform/schedule factory required preventative maintenance
- Maintain and repair machine tools and other equipment
- Maintain all machine service records
- Schedule factory repair technicians
- Operate as the main point of contact with factory for service
- Provide training as required for preventative maintenance to other employees
- Safely work within an industrial environment
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in machine maintenance
- Trouble shoot and repair CNC equipment such as mills, lathes, lasers and robots
- Familiar reading electrical schematics and diagrams
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in use of precision hand tools
- Familiar with use of personal computers
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Fanuc, Haas, Mori-Seiki and Siemens controls experience
- Experience with Laserdyne and IPG machines
- Multi-axis lathe, multi-axis mill and multi axis VTL maintenance experience
- Integration of accessory machine components
- Machine ladder logic and PLC experience
- Machine operation experience
- Hazard waste management experience
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.