Blue Origin. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop solutions to support machining, manufacturing, assembly, testing and integration of components and assemblies for various spaceflight systems. You’ll emphasize ease of implementation while actively identifying and preventing safety hazards. You need strong technical skills to support tooling for development and production designs. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Conceptual and detail design of tooling and fixtures for machining, manufacture, assembly and acceptance of components and assemblies
- Close coordination with component designers, manufacturing engineers and technicians to develop and manage tooling concepts aiding in the transition of a development to rate production
- Management of tool fabrication including vendor selection, cost estimates and product delivery
- Support development of processes and procedures for manufacturing, verification and commissioning of tool designs
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- Identify opportunities for fabrication and assembly durations, safety and cost saving improvements
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in any Engineering discipline from an accredited institution, mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 3+ years’ experience with design, build and commissioning of tooling and fixtures for manufacturing, assembly and testing of aerospace components,
- In addition; or as a alternate to practical experience, 2 + years of collegiate extracurricular engineering project experience (Rocket Team, Formula SAE etc.)
- Experience interfacing with suppliers during design, procurement and build cycles of tooling and related components
- Experience developing procedures for testing, checkout, commissioning and maintenance of fixtures and tooling
- Experience using CAD and FEA-based analysis software (Creo and ANSYS preferred)
- Familiar with applicable ASME standards, such as ASME Y14.100, Y14.5, Y14.41
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3D CAD software
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience in tool design, jigs and similar hardware for manufacturing and test
- Experience with PTC Creo / Windchill
- Experience with aircraft, launch vehicle or spacecraft jigs and fixtures
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.