We are an aerospace firm dedicated to providing industry-wide access to sophisticated, in-space, robotic arm solutions. Our vision for space is one where humans living and working there is commonplace. The technologies we're developing today are critical to humanity one day achieving its spacefaring dreams.
Made In Space Europe believes that industrialising space is the next critical step in humanity’s push to go deeper and farther into the cosmos than ever before. Made In Space Europe is developing robotic technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth orbit, on other planets, and beyond.
COMPUTER VISION ENGINEER
Made In Space Europe is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to join the Engineering team. The person in this role is responsible for the implementation of vision solutions for space robotic arms. A background in software engineering with industrial experience and experience developing vision solutions for embedded systems are important experiences for this position. The Computer Vision Engineer relies on software testing, code review and continuous integration to develop robust vision software solutions for space. This person will also implement safety-critical vision algorithms on spaceflight hardware and ground stations to ensure safe operations on orbit.
- Own vision software development for different space missions
- Test and qualify vision software modules
- Perform hardware in the loop tests
- Interact with interdisciplinary teams to develop cutting edge software solutions
- Master’s degree in software engineering or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of computer vision algorithms and performance analysis
- 3+ years industrial experience preferably in aerospace/defence or industrial robotics
- Experience in Code Review / Clean Coder
- Experience with embedded linux
- Demonstrated coding experience using C, C++
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with software in the aerospace sector
- Experience in vision software implementation on embedded systems/FPGA
- Experience with software testing
- Experience with ROS2, OPENCV
- Experience with real-time/safety-critical systems
Interested, but not sure you meet every single requirement? Research shows that men will apply to jobs when they meet only 60% of the requirements, but women and other minority groups may only apply if they’re sure they meet 100%. If you were turning away because you don’t meet 100%, well, we’d still like to hear from you – tell us how you’re the best fit for the requirements you’re sure you meet.
To accept this position and relocate to Luxembourg, candidates must have a police check/criminal record not more than six months old.