At Made In Space Europe, we believe in a future where people live and work in space. Our mission is to create the robotic technologies necessary to enable this future.
We are looking for people passionate about robotics to help us build a new generation of affordable, mass-market robots for space applications and extreme terrestrial environments. We believe that the work we do today is foundational to achieving a future where the industrialization of space gives way to humanity living throughout our solar system.
What we are looking for in a candidate: You have demonstrated experience in electronics prototyping skills, selection of components, derating, and typical bread-boarding. You have experience in building, integrating, and testing systems composed of sensing, processing, commanding, and executing elements. A professional background in the space industry is not necessary, in fact, we want you to bring a fresh perspective to solving the challenge of developing space robotics systems.
Location: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg (no remote working option).
- Build and test electronics prototypes and final components
- Specification creation and requirement gathering of spacecraft electronics
- Architectural definition, systems, and subsystem level design
- Component selection and definition based on system requirements
- System performance analysis
- Schematic capture and PCB Layout using Altium Designer and negotiation with Mechanical Engineers
- Leasing with PCB and assembly house to ensure quality and speed are achieved
- Electronic board bring up, verification and debugging
- Documentation of design, test procedures, and manufacturing instructions to hand over design and test for the production team
- Design of the whole testing ecosystem for the production of a given design. (test jigs, test boards, cable looms, scripts, etc)
- Design and procure components that meet all system requirements and survivability standards
- Develop & implement the motion control electronics for space robotics
- Develop schematics and layouts, working with both internal team members and external vendors
- Develop, in collaboration with SW & embedded systems teams, software, and firmware
- Assist other team members from multiple disciplines to achieve their goals
- Experience in signal processing and data acquisition
- Electronics theory, including component knowledge and analog and digital circuitry expertise
- Experience with rigid-flex PCB design
- PCB and electronic design automation software package for printed circuit boards
- CubeSat or “new space” project experience
- Embedded software development
- Demonstrated experience in low power distribution management, motor control, and electronics design
- B.S. in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or equivalent area of focus
- Demonstrated ability to work hard, under a demanding schedule
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop warm peer-to-peer relationships
- Fluency in English (additional language a plus)
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience
Please be informed that our application process also includes a challenge. Should you make it to the “Deep Dive” round, you will have the opportunity to display your software engineering skills set or showcase your existing portfolio.
Interested, but not sure you meet every single requirement? Research shows that men will apply to jobs when they meet only 60% of the requirements, but women and other minority groups may only apply if they’re sure they meet 100%. If you were turning away because you don’t meet 100%, well, we’d still like to hear from you – tell us how you’re the best fit for the requirements you’re sure you meet.
To accept this position and relocate to Luxembourg, candidates must have a police check/criminal record not more than six months old.