Made In Space Europe believes that industrialising space is the next critical step in humanity’s push to go deeper and farther into the cosmos than ever before. Made In Space Europe is developing robotic technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth orbit, on other planets, and beyond.
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Made In Space Europe is looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to join the Engineering team. The person in this role is responsible for the development of embedded perception and inspection solutions for space-optimised robotic arms. You have an extensive background in electronics and embedded software for FPGAs. You have demonstrated experience in data fusion and data processing. You will rely on your embedded hardware knowledge, image processing experience and to engineer creative solutions to the challenges of designing robotic vision systems for the space environment. The Embedded Systems Engineer will lead the development of the perception sensor suite (including cameras and lasers) related hardware and software. Your target is to enable autonomous operation of robotic arm solutions in space, and tailor perception solutions according to customer applications.
- Lead and oversee embedded systems design and development
- Lead and oversee computer vision algorithm development
- Integrate image processing capabilities on embedded systems for space
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- 3+ years experience in image processing and embedded systems (university experience & student internships do not count toward experience)
- Experience with data fusion and data processing
- Experience in FPGA hardware design
- Experience in FPGA software architecture and implementation
- Experience in interfacing sensors with embedded systems
- Experience in packetisation, compression and high-speed image read and write protocols
- Demonstrated FPGA coding experience using embedded C, C++, VHDL, VERILOG, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with ROS, CUDA, OPENCL
- Experience in supervised and reinforcement learning
- Experience in computer vision applications such as object detection and identification