Robotic arms for space and extreme terrestrial environments
Bring Your Passion for Space!
Redwire Space Europe, formerly Made in Space Europe, located in Luxembourg, is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative product.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will help to develop high-quality low-cost space robotics solutions by designing, building, and qualifying flight models for a low-cost manipulators and end effectors. You will aid in the design, test and integration of activities throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Collaborate with electrical and robotics engineers to package complex electromechanical systems
- Create 2D manufacturing and technical assembly drawings, as well as project-level documentation
- Design mechanisms and structures for robotic arm end effectors while balancing cost, schedule, and technical requirements
- Optimize mechanical design of end effectors and lead analysis to improve performance and reliability
- Perform fast-prototypes for quick validation of design
- Specify, select, and acquire necessary components required for mechanical designs
- Travel Required- Up to an average of 10-15%
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of three years professional experience
- Fluent in English (additional language(s) is an advantage)
- Must be willing to relocate or travel to our Luxembourg office location
- Previous experience of a space mechanical hardware delivery to customer
- Demonstrated skills in rapid prototyping, CAD, and quick turnaround manufacturing
- Demonstrated test and analysis feedback expertise (to inform post-test measures)
- Strong understanding of aerospace materials, coatings, and adhesives
- Experience gathering technical requirements and developing technical specifications and documentations
- Experience with multiple space missions (is an advantage)
- Expertise in both thermal & mechanical design (is an advantage)