Made In Space Europe believes that industrialising space is the next critical step in humanity’s push to go deeper and farther into the cosmos than ever before. Made In Space Europe is developing robotic technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth orbit, on other planets, and beyond.
Made In Space Europe is looking for a Procurement Engineer to join the Operations team. The person in this role will manage the procurement supply chain, from procurement requests and engineering specifications, through vendor discussions and design approvals, to on-site inventory, asset management, and quality inspection. This role is key to our mission: management of supply chains ensures successful development of low-cost, next-generation robotic arms.
To be considered for this role, you must be attentive to details, and have experience completing procedures and processes with precision. You must be well-organised and able to switch rapidly between tasks. The ideal candidate has experience with inventory management experience, understands how space standards add value to the engineering lifecycle, and is comfortable liaising professionally with vendors, suppliers, and other external companies – you must be proactive and enjoy external interactions with others.
This position can be tailored to experience levels – both professionals and graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Utilise procurement supply chain to turn procurement requests into qualified, timely assets, enabling strong R&D workflows;
- Manage and maintain inventory database, ensuring component availability and use;
- Apply Product and Quality Assurance processes to all workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline in one of mechatronics, electronics, robotics, or aerospace fields;
- Experience with purchasing, procurement, and inventory management;
- Fluency in English, and excellent written, spoken, and interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in inventory and asset management, including relevant software;
- Experience in procurement, especially in terms of understanding specifications and requirements and in analysing appropriate vendors;
- Experience with inventory management;
- Strong professional communication skills;
- Understanding of Product Assurance and Quality Assurance needs;
- Experience or training with space quality standards;
- Experience with MAIT processes;
- Experience with European aerospace and technology vendors;
- Fluency in German and/or French are strong assets.