Robotic arms for space and extreme terrestrial environments
Bring Your Passion for Space!
Redwire Space Europe, formerly Made in Space Europe, located in Luxembourg, is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented Robotics’ R&D Control Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative product.
We have a current opportunity for a Robotics R&D Control Engineer located at our facility in Luxembourg. In this role you will design and implement robotic control systems. You have a background in robotics and control R&D and demonstrated experience with robotic manipulators. You are relying on your experience in embedded software engineering to implement motion planning and control for real-time safety-critical applications.
The Robotics R&D Control engineer is developing state of the art control solutions that enable the industrialization of space.
- Development of the new state of the art robotic control for space manipulation
- Design and development for robotics control and motion control algorithm
- Performance and stability analysis of control solutions
- Implementation and testing of control software on real flight hardware
- Prototype perception and control systems for dexterous manipulation tasks
- Implement grasp and motion planning systems using both sampling and optimization-based methods
- Implement multi-modal sensor fusion between vision and tactile sensors to estimate object state during manipulation tasks.
- MS or PhD degree in Robotics/Control Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience
- Willing to relocate and work from our Luxembourg office location
- Must be fluent in English (additional language is a plus)
- Solid foundation in control: system modelling, forward & inverse kinematics, kinematics & dynamic, motion planning, autonomy, collision detection and avoidance
- State of the art knowledge and experience in robotic manipulation
- Strong programming skills C++, (Python, MATLAB, Mathematica are an advantage)
- Advanced verbal, written and communication skills that will assist in presentations, demos, and shared documentation on findings
- Experience with HW/SW integration
- Experience in mobile manipulations (is an advantage)
- Experience in space rated system (is an advantage).