Robotic arms for space and extreme terrestrial environments
Bring Your Passion for Space!
Redwire Space Europe, formerly Made in Space Europe, located in Luxembourg, is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented Robotics’ Test Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative product.
Redwire Space Europe has a current opportunity for a Robotics Test Engineer to join the Engineering team. In this role you will rely on your robotics and embedded system experience to conduct software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop tests. The Robotic Test Engineer will own conception, design, prototyping, simulation and testing of our robotic arm, thus supporting our flight software development and ensuring safe operation.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and a proven track record in developing and bringing complex systems to market. The Robotic Test Engineer will analyze and validate robotic behavior in the tests to ensure safe operations in orbit. Come and build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Redwire Space Europe.
- Own software development for different space missions
- Test and qualify flight software modules
- Perform hardware-in-the-loop tests
- Interact with interdisciplinary teams to develop cutting edge software solutions
- Perform simulator development
- Systematically run HIL SIL test and analysis
- Simulate software interfaces with real robotic arm
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience preferably in aerospace/defence or industrial robotics
- Fluent in English (additional language a plus)
- Willingness to relocate and/or work in our Luxembourg Office
- Experience in Code Review / Clean Coder
- Experience with Linux
- Experience in interfacing sensors with embedded systems
- Demonstrated embedded coding experience using embedded C, C++
- Experience with ROS2 (would be an advantage)
- Experience with industrial robots (would be an advantage)
- Experience in FPGA software architecture and implementation VHDL, Verilog (would be an advantage)
- Experience with real-time systems (ARM), would be an advantage