Made In Space Europe believes that industrialising space is the next critical step in humanity’s push to go deeper and farther into the cosmos than ever before. Made In Space Europe is developing robotic technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth orbit, on other planets, and beyond.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for leading and preparing studies on robotic arm applications for customers missions, leading technical interactions with customers and customer-driven 3D modeling developments. This role requires daily interaction with the Sales Manager and the engineering team. The Sales Engineer from time to time may also support the R&D engineering activities of the company.
The ideal candidate has an experience as a spacecraft-level engineer with the technical background capable of 3D modeling in CAD. Specifically, a fluent background in Earth-orbit satellite and satellite servicing missions or lunar missions is desirable. The Sales Engineer role is a customer facing position and in some cases the role that interacts with a customer the most. The ideal candidate is eager to be a sales oriented / product oriented engineer with a proven track record of developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Leading and preparing studies on robotic arm applications for customers missions
- Coordinate and lead technical proposals on customer RFIs
- Coordinate and lead technical analysis for customers
- Gather customer technical requirements and work with engineering team to improve product
- Coordinate and lead technical proposals with cooperation of customers to win governmental contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field
- At least three years of on the job experience
- Experience in systems engineering or aerospace engineering
- Demonstrated understanding spacecraft subsystems
- Demonstrated CAD skills (through portfolio and/or 3D modeling evaluations)
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presenting skills
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Fluency in German and/or French languages
- Master’s degree or greater in aerospace engineering
- Demonstrated experience in terrestrial or space robotics
- Demonstrated understanding of satellite servicing and lunar missions
- Demonstrated experience in technical sales