Robotic arms for space and extreme terrestrial environments
Bring Your Passion for Space!
Redwire Space Europe, formerly Made in Space Europe, located in Luxembourg, is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented Systems Robotics Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative product.
In this role, you will review system performance, triage, and fix issues, and identify improvements to the current system. You will also develop, define, and demonstrate robotics analyses that the customer has defined in their Statement of Work & System Requirements.
We strongly encourage application from individuals who have relevant experience, good attention to detail, and an aptitude for learning new skills, and who enjoys working in teams to achieve common goals. In this role you will work with the Lead Systems Engineer and engineering development team to inform the customer about our product and mission assurance. Hence, technical, and verbal language skills are necessary. As well as complex troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Provide support to Systems Engineering to establish program robotics requirements and task procedures for converting requirements into work products
Provide robotic analyses tools to finalize arm specification to baseline arm functional requirements
Be able to cut through ambiguity and follow through to task completion despite roadblocks or distractions
Be able to adjust priorities with technical expertise and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience
- Must be fluent in English (additional language is a plus)
- Academic foundation in robotic manipulation: Kinematics and Dynamics, Motion Planning, Autonomy
- Significant experience in working with current robotics research
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python & MATLAB
- Experience with HW/SW integration
- Technical written and verbal skills are necessary
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Luxembourg
- Previous experience in the installation, configuration, testing, and support of material handling or other control systems is a plus
- Experience with space robotic subsystems is a plus