We are looking for people passionate about robotics to help us build a new generation of affordable, mass-market robots for space applications and extreme terrestrial environments. As the Operations Manager at Made In Space Europe, you’ll have an important role in shaping the inventive culture of a multidisciplinary team. We believe that the work we do today is foundational to achieving a future where the industrialization of space gives way to humanity living throughout our solar system.
Made In Space Europe is a space robotics company located in Luxembourg. We support the growing space industry by designing and producing the robotic arms that make space industrialization possible.
Our expanding company is seeking to hire an Operations Manager to join our leadership team. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation for one of our organization’s lines of business, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will oversee most financial initiatives at both the project and organizational levels. You will assist the Human Resources department with recruiting, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
What we are looking for in a candidate: You have demonstrated experience in operations management, human resources, financial management, or similar role. You have actively overseen different projects and initiatives concurrently. You have experience working on several projects across different teams, and understand the roles of different engineers. Additionally you have demonstrated experience in recruiting engineers, as well as in implementing business practices that promote morale and performance.. A professional background in the space industry is not necessary, in fact, we want you to bring a fresh perspective to solving the challenge of robotic arms for space (Don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of space expert help).
- Master’s degree in business administration, financial management, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to work hard, under demanding schedule
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to promote a culture that promotes morale and performance
- Fluency in English and French
- Minimum 2 years experience in business operations, human resources, financial management, or related position
Preferred skills and experience:
- Recruitment of technical engineering positions
- Demonstrated experience working across several projects concurrently
- Has held different roles in companies / good operational understanding of business
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Comfortable both using and trying new computer-based productivity tools (Asana, Trello, Airtable, etc.)