We are looking for people who are passionate about robotics to help us build a new generation of affordable, mass-market robots for space applications and extreme terrestrial environments. As a PA/QA Engineer at Made In Space Europe, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your passion for robotics through controlling the quality and reliability of space-bound robotic arms. We believe that the work we do today is the foundation to achieving a future where industrialization of space gives way to humanity living throughout our solar system.
As a PA/QA Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing, as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. You will test current robotic arm products and prototypes to identify deficiencies, and suggest solutions to identified problems. You will collect quality data, identify key performance indicators for product quality, and be responsible for planning, creating, and managing the overall Quality Planning Strategy. You will also ensure that materials, mechanical parts, electrical components and processes used across the robotic arm system are compliant with product requirements. Furthermore you will identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement. You will report to the VP of engineering, and prepare and present reports and metrics to senior management regarding the quality assurance process across all robotic arm product initiatives.
What we are looking for in a candidate: You have demonstrated experience developing space flight hardware, and are excited to work alongside engineers who will draw on your experience. You have demonstrated experience in quality assurance, manufacturing, design, or test engineering. You have worked on at least one project, being involved with testing, strategy, and identification of quality problems throughout the entire development lifecycle. You have experience optimizing and validating parts and components for electro-mechanical systems.
Location: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience developing space flight hardware, ideally an electro-mechanical system, or system with electro-mechanical parts
- Demonstrated ability to work hard, under demanding schedule
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS quality standards or NASA quality standards
- Fluency in English
- Minimum 7 years experience in a quality, manufacturing, design, or testing engineering role or Masters degree in engineering
Preferred skills and experience:
- Conscientious, precise, and eager to learn
- Developed precise mechanisms for terrestrial and/or space applications
- Worked at least one development project, in a role required designing, integrating and testing
- Experience in CAD design
- Software Expertise: Inventor, SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab, Word, Excel